Emotional Intelligence and Awareness
Emotional intelligence includes self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, empathy, and social skills. Having these skills refined and mixed with those traditionally associated with leadership – such as intelligence, toughness, determination, and vision – increase your ability to succeed in a leadership position.
This program evaluates your emotional intelligence and works to increase your level of:
- Self-awareness – allowing you to better recognise and understand your emotions, moods, and drivers, and the effect these have on others.
- Self-regulation – controlling impulses and moods, and thinking before acting.
- Motivation – having passion for work beyond money and status, with energy and persistence to pursue goals.
- Empathy – understanding of the emotional makeup of others, and treating people based on their emotional reactions.
- Social Skills – managing relationships, building networks through the ability to build rapport and find common ground.
Inherent in its nature, this program is highly personalised and most effective in a one-to-one environment. It includes a high level of self-reflection, openness and a willingness to be vulnerable, leading to the achievement of positive behavioural changes.
For more info on EI go to http://hbr.org/2004/01/what-makes-a-leader/ar/1