What is leadership coaching?
Leadership coaching synthesises the best aspects of business, leadership, psychology, communications, organisational development, counselling, consulting, sports psychology, and philosophy.
Why does coaching work?
- Objectives and goals are clarified
- Values, goals and actions are aligned
- Individuals and teams are held accountable
- Thinking and actions are challenged
- Keeps the individual focused and reinforces changed behaviours
- Is the best of many disciplines
- It’s based on validated techniques to change behaviour
Leadership coaching also provides greater personal awareness through expanding emotional intelligence.
What learning tools can I access in the coaching process?
- Setting goals
- Making effective choices
- Managing emotions
- Problem-solving techniques
- Challenging limiting behaviours
- Developing new skills and enhancing current capabilities
- Matching the individual’s learning style to their role
- Assessing values to ensure they are in synchrony with the individual’s and organisation’s values and goals
Self-paced learning and reflection promotes sustainable changes.
What are the benefits of leadership coaching?
- Promotes the development of new skills
- Fosters management and leadership development
- Enhances interpersonal and team building skills
- Provides career development pathways
- Defines measureable and sustainable behaviour change
What are the key steps in the coaching process?
- Assessment and planning
- Behavioural change
Who is a candidate for coaching?
Coaching can enhance individual and team performance in a variety of circumstances. For example:
An aspiring or emerging leader
- With leadership traits and the drive to create future success
- Wanting to refine leadership skills to enhance and build relationships with others
An individual with specific needs
- Improving performance in a current position or role (e.g. team dynamics, effective communication, strategic planning, and performance management)
- Grooming an individual for new areas of responsibility
A leader or team in transition
- Moving either to a new role, leadership team or organisation
- Operating in a volatile, high paced environment
What does The Leader’s Coach offer that is of benefit to me?
Our coaching services are distinctive for the following reasons:
- Credentials: our coaches have advanced training in coaching and related areas.
- Experience: our coaches have experience delivering coaching services across a diverse range of organisations.
- Level of assignments: our coaches have considerable experience working with executives and aspiring leaders in a range of organisations across various industries.
- Care factor: our coaches tailor programs to support the individual’s circumstances, learning styles and goals.